They're baaaaack!!! And better than ever. This week: The New Years Celebration that Almost Was; Steve's questions about Star Wars (and a pre-review of The Last Jedi); The latest sensation in Weezer tribute bands - "Weezy"; Paul's exile to the early 90s; Wolverines!
Yeah, the boys are easing their way back into the saddle. And they couldn't be happier!
Remember: relax, calm down, share with your friends, and above all Don't Panic!
The is the unintentional Christmas Special!
- What is so great about A Christmas Story?
- Why is Steve's dog a racist?
- What bands did Steve miss from the 80s? (Thanks to SFJ, Paul V, Leslie, and Constance for the great suggestions!)
- How are things going with Steve's drinking and depression and anxiety, and... and... and...
I think Steve might have cried toward the end of this one, but they did end on a high note (as usual).
Guess who's alive! SuperFan James returns healthier than ever.
- SFJ's 2017 Halloween Show Review
- 80s themed headlines
- Classic Steve rants
This one episode will tell you why Paul and Steve do what they do. There's women, drinking, laughing, and a strange little chat with Scott Tolin. Also, SuperFan James is still missing in action. Steve's brother, Mike, continues to be an inspiration, and there's even a special mention of a William Wright. Not THE William Wright, you understand. Check us out. Even if you already did.
The pre- post- Thanksgiving episode.
- Turkey leftovers
- How to recover from the hoarder life
- How to spot a bad landlord
- What the Jehova's Witnesses can tell you that nobody else can (hint: why you can't understand the Mind of God)
- What's wrong with SuperFan James?
- Beyond Stranger Things Spoilers and the Weirdness of Creepy Old Men (and why Steve's Bride was right about Howard Stern)
- Shrooms at Burning Man
- The First Annual Don't Panic Green Bean Casserole Cook-off
- A rare sighting of the North American MP Cavalier in his natural habitat
Well, that took longer than we thought it would. But we made up for the delay with a blockbuster episode...
From the Upside Down, to the Worlds of Mebar, this one has it all. Steve and Paul spend the first half of this episode getting caught up with writer Andy Wright and his podcast, wherein we also learn Andy's favorite curse word. The second half of this episode, your hosts react to Stranger Things, and, as a reaction, reminisce about junior high.
Following their Halloween Hangover, Paul and Steve are back with a little bit of everything:
- How to Win Rock Paper Scissors
- The Power of Stupid Ideas (daylight savings, Christmas too Early, Courtroom Sketches, Stenographers)
- Steve's new life-saving drug
- "I would have gotten away with this election if it weren't for you meddling Russians!"
- Of course, Sexual Harrassment
Finally - annoucing SWAG. Coming your way soon!
p.s. Warren Zevon. Lots of Warren Zevon.
Get in the Holiday Spirit with this simple trick. Paul and Steve will take you on a frightening journey from 1970s vintage harrowing halloween to modern monster sightings. They've packed tons of terrifying original fiction and some true tales into this year's special. So, grab a cocktail, pop in your ear buds, and turn the lights down low. And if you like it, give us a review on iTunes and a share on Facebook.
"Between the carefree time of grade school, and the awkward years of high school, there was the age undreamed of, the age of the Lord of the Flies, the junior high years, its only respite for some, testosterone-fueled fantasy role-playing games. And onto this, Sally of Vallis, destined to wear the Leg Warmers of Valor into battle. It is I, her Game Master, who alone can tell thee of her saga. Let me tell you of the days of Tits & Dragons!"
Here it is, dear listeners, the episode you've been waiting for. As your hosts work feverishly to prepare this year's Halloween episode, which promises to be the best one yet, they took some time off to record the first installation of Tits & Dragons. Listen in as Paul takes Steve on an epic journey in the vein of the halcyon days of role-playing games like Dungeons & Dragons, where bikini chainmail, a pair of leg warmers and a mighty sword were all a hot warrior chick needed to swath a bloody path into legend...
Paul and Steve start this week innocently enough talking about their weekend shenanigans. Paul's hilarious mom. Steve's prolific uncle. Then something reminds them of the urgent call of nature and the wheels come off the bus. This episode's potty humor will have you doubled over in laughter like a man trying to make it to a bathroom stall in a busy mall. Be sure and acquaint yourself with the nearest working toilet before listening to this one. Keep in mind that the nearest bathroom may be behind you - or in a ditch by the side of the road. Paul and Steve sincerely apologize for this one and promise to be better in the future. Go ahead and share it anyway...